I can sincerely say that today. The other day was another story. The whole day was a struggle. I was working on editing our website and the words just wouldn't flow, so it took what seemed like hours to get one page done. And, it didn't save!
Then, later in the afternoon, I went to get my hair cut, and she cut it way too short. I mean, what 'cha gonna do at that point? There wasn't even enough hair to fix it. That evening, each time I passed a mirror, I felt an "ugh". (Don't worry. That's not me in the picture, and it wasn't that bad. It does capture the feeling, tho'.)
I'm sure you've had days like this before, too. It happens. I knew early in the morning that my vibration was a little off, in spite of my meditation. Yet, I pushed forward anyway, rather than take further steps to improve my state. It seemed "good enough".
- I focused on the positives. At least the highlights came out nice; and with all the discounts I had, I didn't pay much for anything. At least it was only one page I lost, and it probably wasn't that great anyway. (These thoughts by themselves helped a little bit; but not enough. I needed to do more.)
- Distraction worked great! Good thing I had some good TV shows recorded! I knew tomorrow would be a new day and a fresh start.
- Next day, before doing anything else, I set my positive intentions for the day and took time to connect to my higher self until I could feel all the love, acceptance and divine perfection, and knew that I was back into a high vibration. Funny, I couldn't even remember all the things that seemed so bad the day before!
- "It's only hair. It grows back. This is temporary. Life could be much, much worse."
- Is it really that important? What's my concern - that people will judge me by my hair? I think I have way more to offer than that! I am not my hair.
- When I thought about significant people that I've admired, respected and loved, LOTS, maybe even most of them, didn't have perfect hair, or bodies. In fact, they weren't perfect, either. It's allowed!
Did I look better on the outside because I felt better on the inside? I certainly think it was more than just that little "tweak" of styling. Don't you? There really is no one reality. Perception is everything.
There's my story of the power of changing your thoughts and managing your vibrational energy, or mood.
The next time something doesn't quite go your way, do something to shift your energy first. It's more difficult to change your thinking while you're still all triggered and in the midst of it. Meditate, or play music and dance or exercise, do something physical, or distract yourself with a good movie or show - something that makes you feel good. Then try "tweaking" your thinking. Challenge your automatic thoughts and try on some different perspectives; and soon you'll be back in the flow again! (This entire piece flowed from me in like 5 minutes after I got off of the elliptical!)
I am SO grateful that I have skills for managing my thoughts and emotions and reconnecting to my higher Self. It's pretty infrequent that I have a "bad day" or mood anymore; but when it happens, I'm able to shift out of it fairly quickly. My predominant mood is one of happiness and inner peace; and I've manifested a magnificent life full of dreams fulfilled.
Would you like this, too? If yes, I invite you to participate in our Living on a Higher Vibration: taking you to the heights of creation! 10 week program, starting April 8th. Those who have participated in the past now have happier, easier lives filled with their dreams come true, as well. Now it's your turn!
For all the details, go to: http://www.newpossibilitiescoaching.com/living-on-a-higher-vibration.html
Supporting you in greater ease and joy, with a warm heart,